Surrender of Indian Passport - Minor Applicants Consular Services

Surrender of Indian Passport - Minor Applicants

Surrender of Indian passport for a Minor Applicant

To complete the surrender of an Indian passport for a minor applicant, please follow these steps:

Book an appointment: Visit the official website of the Indian Consulate in Hamburg at to book an appointment for the renunciation services.

Gather the required documents:

A duly filled and signed application form, which can be downloaded from Application Form Link

  1. Two recent photographs of your child, measuring 5 x 5 cm, with a white or light-colored background.
  2. A self-attested copy of your child's last/existing Indian passport (front and last pages).
  3. Your child's last Indian passport in original.
  4. A self-attested copy of your proof of address in Germany (Meldebescheinigung) or A copy of your child's Aufenthaltstitel
  5. The applicable fee of €82.00 (€80.00 + €2.00), payable in cash at the counter.
  6. A self-attested copy of both parents' valid Indian/foreign passports.
  7. A copy of your child's Einbürgerungszusicherung/Einbürgerungurkunde

A pre-paid self-addressed envelope (size A4) with postage stamps of €4.25 (for registered post/Einschreiben) pasted on it, if you wish to receive your child's cancelled Indian passport/certificate by registered post (optional).

Attend your appointment: On the scheduled appointment day, bring all the required documents mentioned above, including the completed application form. Make sure to sign the application form in front of the Consular Officer.

Payment options: You can make the payment for the applicable fee of €82.00 (€80.00 + €2.00) at the Consulate Counter using either cash or a Giro/Debit card.

Check application status: After submitting your application, you can check the status online at Please note that the processing time for the surrender process may take up to 10-12 weeks.

It is important to carefully review the instructions provided by the Consulate and contact on email  directly for any specific inquiries regarding the surrender process.

Consular Services